Student Learning Expectations Grades 3-8
We believe that parents/guardians have the primary responsibility for the education of their children. The faculty and staff, in respectful partnership with parents/guardians, endeavor to foster the growth of the total child in terms of his/her religious, academic, psychological, social, physical, and aesthetic development. By the time our students graduate from St. Irenaeus Parish School, we would expect them to have developed the following School-Wide Learning Expectations:
A Faith-filled Active Catholic Who
- Understands and participates in the teachings and traditions of the Church.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Church scripture.
- Models gospel values in his/her relationships with others.
- Shows a moral conscience in decision making reflecting Catholic teachings.
- Practices stewardship throughout the community by participating in service projects.
A Critical Thinker Who
- Masters learning objectives defined by Diocesan Curriculum Guidelines.
- Follows directions and demonstrates responsibility.
- Analyzes problems and formulates solutions.
- Develops creativity and an appreciation for music, literature, and art.
An Effective Communicator Who
- Uses verbal, written, aural, and visual forms of communication.
- Expresses opinions insightfully, intelligently, and respectfully.
- Is able to use technology to access and apply information.
A Globally Aware Citizen Who
- Understands, appreciates, and respects his/her heritage and the cultural diversity of others.
- Recognizes differences in socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Acts as a responsible member of the school, parish, local and global community.
- Recognizes individual strengths, talents, and areas of growth.
- Respects God’s creation by taking care of the environment.
- Demonstrates an awareness of current events/global issues and their effect on Christian life.
A Life-long Learner Who
- Demonstrates knowledge of a healthy lifestyle.
- Works effectively as a leader, team member, or individual.
- Sets realistic goals for oneself.
- Demonstrates self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates effective organizational, study, and time management skills.