Resources for Christian Living, Faith First
- God’s Word
- Listening to God
- The Good Shepherd
- Story of God
- Lent, Holy Week, and Easter
- Holy Spirit
- Ten Commandments
- Students learn monthly prayers.
- Students attend a retreat.
- Students attend mass weekly.
- Students plan and participate in a student body mass.
- Students participate in a service project.
Reading – Harcourt Publishers - Excursions
- Getting the Job Done
- Imagination at Work
- Novel: Novels are given to meet the students level. Such novels as A Tale of a Forth Grade Nothing or The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe have been used.
- Skills add Author’s purpose and perspective, motivation, plot, conflict and resolution, figurative language.
- Skills such as compare and contrast, predicting, drawing conclusions, summarizing, fact and opinion, main idea and details, and cause and effect
- Accelerated Reading Program
Sadler-Oxford, Grammar Workshop
- Sentence structure
- Parts of speech
Sadler-Oxford, Vocabulary Workshop
- 12 words for each unit. Students need to know definitions, synonyms, antonyms, word association, and be able to use words in sentences.
- Words cover different phonics problems in spelling.
Aligned with the Common Core
- Personal Narrative
- Narrative poem as well as various types of poetry using figurative language
- Mission Report
- Persuasive Essay
- Explanatory Essay
- Other writing is done across curriculum such as lab reports in Science
Zanar-Bloser, Handwriting A Way to Self-Expression
- Students learn to write all upper case and lower case letters, words, and sentences in cursive.
- Handwriting is required in all subjects except math.
McGraw Hill, My Math
- Place Value
- Addition and Subtraction of Whole Numbers
- Understanding Multiplication and Division
- Multiplying by 1 and 2 digit factors
- Division by 1 digit numbers
- Patterns and Sequences
- Operations with Fractions
- Fractions and Decimals
- Customary Measurement
- Metric Measurement
- Perimeter and Area
Discovery Science Tech Book
- Systems For Survival
- About Energy
- Energy Transfer In Waves
- Electrical Thermal Energy
Houghton Mifflin, History-Social Science
- Geography of California
- The First Californians
- Spanish California
- Mexican California
- Gold Rush Years
- California Becomes a State
- Students write individual mission reports.
- Students build mission replicas in groups in class.
- Class Field Trip to Mission San Juan Capistrano
- U.S. Geography Bee for 3rd and 4th graders.