Student Learning Expectations Grades TK-2
We believe that parents/guardians have the primary responsibility for the education of their children. The faculty and staff, in respectful partnership with parents/guardians, endeavor to foster the growth of the total child in terms of his/her religious, academic, psychological, social, physical, and aesthetic development. By the time our students graduate from St. Irenaeus Parish School, we would expect them to have developed the following School-Wide Learning Expectations:
A Faith-filled Active Catholic Who
- Attends Mass respectfully.
- Shows respect for others and the world God created.
- Participates in service to those in need.
A Critical Thinker Who
- Listens to the teacher.
- Works to his/her potential.
- Expresses oneself through music, art, and literature.
- Completes work neatly.
- Solves problems effectively.
An Effective Communicator Who
- Listens attentively to others.
- Shares ideas and information.
- Writes and speaks using correct grammar/vocabulary.
- Articulates and projects clearly.
- Communicates using technology.
A Globally Aware Citizen Who
- Learns about new and different cultures.
- Shows respect for people of different cultures.
- Shows awareness of current events.
- Shares God-given talents.
A Life-long Learner Who
- Makes good choices.
- Uses self-control.
- Works and plays well with others.